Seeing Through the Clouds
This past weekend, my wife Caryn and I were able to get away for a few days and celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. Thirty-Three years, wow, it’s hard to believe she has put up with me for that long. Some say she deserves Saint Hood while others just shake their head and say the will pray for her. Anyhow, I woke up early on Saturday morning and wanted to get a shot of the Sun as it crested over the horizon. I thought what beautiful shot it would be to see it reflect off the Gulf of Mexico. I could post it on FaceBook and say something mushy for my bride.
The picture you see above is the shot I took. As you can see, no Sun. Oh it was there, you can tell but I could not see it through the clouds. Then God shared with me a few things about the beauty that this scene possessed.
1. Like life and our marriage, it may not always be radiant, but it is still new every day.
2. Just like times when we are apart and can’t ‘see through the clouds’ by faith we know that its still there. (us and the Sun)
3. Our plans may not be the same, but we need to adapt and go with it anyway.
Shortly after that Caryn woke up and I took this picture.
What, I learned from this picture was this:
1. Life is more beautiful when we are together.
2. She truly brings light into my world.
3. I can see the plans for our life clearer when she’s around.
So for you, my readers, here is your take away.
1. Always look for the beauty in every moment of every day.
2. Focus on the things that are there even when you can’t see them.
3. Remember what it is that brings light into your world.
Following these few things will help you See Through the Clouds that come into your life.
Job 37:16 Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who has perfect knowledge?
Until next time……